Tenant Emergency Repairs

What is an Emergency?

Urgent repairs fall into two categories: essential services and other urgent repairs.
A suitable repairer must be found within a reasonable time frame. There are some times when a tenant may need to arrange for the repairer.

Essential services
Essential services are listed in the Residential Tenancies Regulations 1989 and include repairs to:
• a burst water service
• gas leaks
• broken hot water system
• sewerage leaks or
• dangerous electrical faults

Other urgent repairs
• Other urgent repairs are not an essential service, but if not fixed might cause damage to the premises, injure a person or cause undue hardship or inconvenience to the tenant/s.

The landlord/lessor has 24 hours to do this if the repair is needed to a defined essential service, and 48 hours for any other urgent repair. The repair does not need to be fixed within this time but the lessor must make an appointment with the repairer to fix the problem.

Who Do You Call?

Please note that during business hours you must contact our office.

LJ Hooker Property South West WA use a broad range of contractors and where possible we try to have local tradespeople do our property maintenance.
If you find yourself with an emergency at your property outside normal business hours, please try contacting any of the following contractors.


Bunbury: Nixon Electrical 9726 2240

Collie: Collie Electrical 0409 680 315

Busselton: Busselton Electrical – Kim DeMorton – 0408 941 633


Bunbury: All-Tech Plumbing 0419 932 138

Collie:  All-Tech Plumbing 0419 932 138

Busselton: Blue Horizon Plumbing & Gas – Ryan Tancred – 0451 959 600


Bunbury: Procare locksmith 0407 604 712

Collie:  Collie Phoenix Glass 97344354

Busselton: Busselton Locksmith – Frank Clare – 0457 349 625

Glass Repairs

Bunbury: Bunbury Glass 9791 9917

Collie: Collie Phoenix Glass 97344354

Busselton: Naturaliste Glass – Mike Foster – 0416 104 751

If you engage in one of the above contractors, minimum repairs for essential or urgent maintenance only. The above contractors will deem if it is an emergency. If it is not deemed as an emergency you will have to wait for the next working day and report it to our office OR report your maintenance request on-line.

WA Emergency Services

Emergency (Fire, Ambulance, Police) - 000

Police - 13 14 44

Western Power - 13 13 51

ATCO - 13 13 52

Water Corporation - 13 13 85

State Emergency Services (SES) - 13 25 00

If you are broken into, please report it to the Police and obtain a Police Report number. Pass this onto your Property Manager as soon as possible.